John Tanner LMT.

Sex: Male

RIDING BACKROUND

I’ve been racing bicycles and competing in triathlon’s since early 80’s. I’ve also been racing in the Florida point series on my upright bikes since early 1980’s. I have also raced uprights for Team Majic & Team Outspokin’ Bikes.

I ride dozens of centuries every year and have competed at ultra distance events. 12 hours, double centuries and brevet’s are my favorite. I also want to stay competitive in criterium, circuit & road racing on my upright. 24 hour events are contraindicated for maintaining fast twitch muscle, so I don’t do any!

I have studied and have certifications in Nutrition, personal training, and am a licensed massage therapist, all very helpful for my cycling training.

HOW DID YOU GET INTO RECUMBENTS?

I started riding recumbents back in early 90’s (Bike E and Haluzak) and enjoyed the change of pace and comfort on long rides.

WHAT BACCHETTA DO YOU RIDE?

The Bacchetta Carbon Aero 2.0.

2010-2012 RACE RESULTS

Mostly CAT 2 USAC racing on my upright over the last three seasons, with existing all bicycle Florida Senior Games records at the 5K and 10K distances on my Bacchetta.

PLANS FOR 2013

Any events in the Southeast that Bacchetta wants me at! Also, continuing to cross train and represent Bacchetta at local fast rides and centuries.

I’m looking forward to racing with Team Bacchetta for many years in the future and introducing other cyclists to the fun of recumbent riding. Please feel free to contact me regarding riding in the Clearwater & Gainesville area. Hope to see you at future events!

John Tanner USCF #000155