Scott Sherman

Sex: Male
e-mail: bigsherm1968@yahoo.com
Phone number: (931)217-3159

RIDING BACKGROUND

I started riding a cheap mountain bike while deployed to Iraq in 2004, changed my focus from weight training, and upped my cardio to increase my performance there. Since then I rode to maintain fitness for my job in the army, and for fun.

As soon as I tried longer rides and group riding, I was hooked. I’ve ridden road, some mountain, and some recumbent since then, getting competitive in the last few years, and retiring from the army about a year ago. I never progressed beyond CAT 5 in criteriums and road racing, where my 6’3″ 215 lbs seemed to work against me.

After last season I rode my low racer again, and was shocked at my increase in performance! Since then, my enthusiasm for riding is at an all-time high, and I plan to do as many Piru Time Trials, centuries and double centuries, races, and any other events as possible on the recumbent. I may explore longer endurance events, as well.

HOW DID YOU GET INTO RECUMBENTS?

The different approach, increased speed, and comfort appealed to me, but I wanted to compete, and uprights were the easiest way to do that. After a couple somewhat frustrating seasons of crits, riding my recumbent again was a revelation, and I’m enjoying focusing on that.

WHAT BACCHETTA DO YOU RIDE?

Giro-26ATT, with 700c disc wheels.

2012 RACE AND EVENT RESULTS

USAC CAT 5, competed in numerous SoCal crits, and some track racing, as well.

Personal Best Rides: 4:45 minute solo century from Camarillo to Disneyland!

EVENTS PLANNED TO ATTEND FOR THE REST OF 2013

Tour de Palm Springs century

Camino Real double century

Solvang century and double century

Piru Time Trials